Sunday, July 4, 2010

Gaming and Dating: True or Boo?





Whenever I encounter players who 'claim' that they're a couple I would always be skeptical about it. Let's face it, most people would think of cyberdating as superficial.

But then I ask myself again, is it really possible to find a partner in an online world? And would that kind of relationship prosper?

I've heard of relationships developed in-game that eventually lead to living together and some to marriage. I guess that's really possible if you both live in one country. On the other hand, what about those who are both from different countries that are thousands of kilometers away?

And if that happens to me, would I be able to make an effort that big? Would I commit myself into something which I think lacks foundation to begin with?

I'm a very rational person so I wouldn't jump without knowing where I would fall.

But I guess that the magic of cyberdating which may be similar to gambling. You either win or lose. But if you win, you win big time because it's doesn't happen everyday that you meet someone you share a common interest with.

Maybe that's what makes cyberdating, in general, very interesting because it gives you the distinct feeling when you take risks.


On a final note, it's always about respecting everyone's individuality. What doesn't work for you may work for others, vice versa.


Princess Peach: Life is short, try something new today! I wouldn't tell a soul. *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment