Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mario! Mario! MMO Machismo



Princess Peach: Why is it that I'm always tied to that flagpole? Why don't you just try it for once, Mario! And I'll do the rescuing!

Mario: Because that's how it is.

Princess Peach: (sighs)

I'm half amused and half unamused by the legacy that Mario has given the gaming community especially to men. I think masculinity is way overrated in games (be it online or offline). Everyday is a battle of testosterone (hello! PVP).

Well, who could blame Mario and his sidekick Luigi (green jumpers??? green was the old pink back in the day, they say *winks*) for being the better sex? The history behind this could go on and on even way back to Adam. Most female characters in MMO would be for support, I say let them take the lead. If men wants war then women should give them war. (armors paired with stilettos, ladies?)

Oops, I think I went too far. The bottom line here is that, gaming is not only for men to dominate. Because I think that is one of the reasons why majority of the women lost interest in games. I say "Men, let them (women) take part in your gaming life. Play with them, so that you don't have to lie about your gaming time. Play online or offline games together."

If that doesn't solve the issue... Mother Peach, please pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment