Wednesday, June 23, 2010

F2P is it more economical than P2P?


I have always opted to play on a Free to Play server ever since I started playing online games. I know, I know... it's in man's nature that anything free is very appealing. Now, for playing a F2P online game for more than 4 years, I couldn't help but wonder if it would cost less if I were on a Pay-to-play game.

I'll enumerate some advantages F2P games:

1. You don't have to purchase playing time. Therefore, you won't feel bad if you can't play everyday.

2. You can easily invite friends to play anytime.

3. You can easily purchase exclusive items as long as you have the $$$$$$$$$$$.

4. F2P servers are more populated. Meaning there would be more people to chat with.


On the contrary, I could also list a lot of disadvantages of F2P:

1. It's F2p, there's a high probability that customer service wouldn't be that satisfactory.

2. Teenagers are always online and even out of school youth.

3. Everything you need is in the Item Mall. (forces you to purchase them using $$$$$$)

4. You'll be meeting people from all walks of life. (hackers and scammers included)

For now, I think the best way for me to find out is to try a P2P game.

No comments:

Post a Comment